Moorhaven Folkmoot

Folkmoot, folkmote, folkmot n (in early medieval England) an assembly of the people of a district, town, or shire English Collins Dictionary

Moorhaven Business Meeting

October, 2018

Karen’s house, 12 in attendance.

For this meeting we discussed the pros and cons of moving one of our bi-monthly meetings to a bakery in Surfside to try to drum up newcomers, since some might find it weird to go to someones house. More to come on that on Moorhaven Facebook page.
We also discussed the need for more people to step up their service game to their Baronage. So far it seems the issue is that it is the same few people retain, which does not take the load off of the Head Retainer. This does not allow the Head Retainer to do anything else during events.
This is also a reminder that Mythical and Medieval Fest is coming up on November 10th and 11th. We would love, love, love for there to be a great turn out. This is a great way for us to get the next generation interested! There will be plenty of girl scouts and boy scouts at the event. If interested, please contact either Candace Musmeci or Patrick Conrad, both of Moorhaven.
Next commons will be at Patrick and Kelsey’s house on November 24th.
There will also be a garb day at Patrick and Kelsey’s the 18th of November.

July 28, 2018

10 in attendance.
1.  We re-decided that Patrick would provide site tokens.
2.  Discussed A&S for Silver Chalice. We looked over the menu for Silver Chalice. Need to remind everyone to please carpool as there is no space.
3.  Continued to discuss upcoming events.
4. Also discussed event sites and meeting sites.

April 17, 2018

We have 10 in attendance tonight
1.  Mostly took care of planning for Silver Chalice, which is August 25th. Official spike/ announcement will come out in about 2 weeks
-trying to get more marshals
-we need more retainers for the Baron and Baroness
-we are also accepting ideas for site tokens!
2.  Voted to move from using yahoo groups to google hangout. 

April 3, 2018

Moorhaven had approximately 10 members, all paid, in attendance.

We voted on three items during our meeting:

1.  to change from yahoo groups to google hangouts (unanimous);

2.  change our meeting dates to the 2nd and 4th Tuesday’s of every month, effective May (unanimous);

3.  and add members to the financial committee, unanimously added both Robert Normandin and Alison McQuarrie, which brings us to 6 paid members on the committee.

We discussed the upcoming events and potential event sites.

Proudly powered by WordPress | Theme: Baskerville 2 by Anders Noren.

Up ↑